WELCOME TO THE VILLAGE OF
Christian Malford grew up on the high ground close to a ford over the River Avon. In saxon times it was known as Christmal-ford; the ford near Christ's Cross. Christian Malford is registered in the Domesday Book (1068). However, finds from the Mesolithic Period near the river indicate much earlier occupation of the land.
A small village which lies on the B4069, just south of the M4, about 9 kms from Chippenham and13 kms from Wootton Bassett. A rural community, with a population of 701, it is set in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside by the River Avon.
Christian Malford is extremely well served with a 13th Century Church, an excellent Primary School, Village Shop & Post Office, Village Hall, Recreation Ground complete with its Pavillion and a Public House (The Rising Sun Inn).
The Village fully supports its amenities and has a number of thriving Organisations and Clubs which add to the quality of life of the community.
However, its greatest strength is its people; it is a genuinely friendly village, extremely supportive with an excellent community spirit.
The website is a joint initiative by the Parish Council and the Village Plan committee, funded by grants from North Wiltshire District Council and the Countryside Agency. Please forward information to the contacts below, or apply for your own page and password. Space is available on the Village Notice Board page for villagers to post notices or information. Businesses and service providers can advertise in the Local Services pages.
For further information, contact Neil Chambers on 01249 720491/07721 866055 or e-mail Neil Chambers
From the 2012/13 electoral roll, the Parish Statistics are: