The Bradenstoke Solar Park Community Benefit Fund is a local grant fund that is available to the Parishes of Bradenstoke & Lyneham, Hilmarton, Christian Malford and Bremhill. Any community group within these Parishes is eligible to apply for a grant and the fund is renewed every year via an index linked payment of £50,000 that is secured via the lease between the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and the private owners of the park for the lifetime of the solar park.
The fund commenced operations on 1st April 2017 and it’s grant criteria are as follows:
- Alleviating fuel poverty
- Developing community scale & micro renewable energy schemes
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Advancing efficiency in the use of natural resources
- Protecting or enhancing the natural environment
- Protecting or enhancing biodiversity
- Promoting environmental sustainability
- Other purpose in the interest of the community
So, if you are part of or know of a local community group that would qualify, then go online and have a look at the website. “Protecting or enhancing the natural environment” might be planting some trees or bulbs. Have a think: there are funds available.